Touchwood Books is a New Zealand owned and operated online and mail order business specialising in new, second-hand and rare books covering gardening, horticulture, farming, landscape design and more; in fact we are undoubtedly New Zealand's largest stockist of books on anything that grows! Touchwood was established in 1987 and is continuing to provide customers with the very best selection of gardening, horticultural, farming and lifestyle titles as well as great advice and customer service.
We will source hard to find or out-of-print books from anywhere in the world and regularly ship books globally. Our store is based in the sunny Horowhenua and while we are not a retail outlet, we welcome customers to view our titles by appointment between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We do have on-site payment facilities. Happy reading from Roxy Warrington, the owner of Touchwood Books.
The Home of Touchwood Books
Our Terms & Conditions
- If your order is in stock, we aim to despatch via post or courier within 2 days.
- Courier deliveries are generally despatched the next day and NZ Post delivery targets are 1-3 days.
- Couriers can only deliver to physical addresses. If you have a PO Box address or a rural address and have not paid for the rural courier, we will post your order.
- If your order is out of stock, on back order or needs to be ordered, please allow 2-4 weeks depending on whether the supplier is NZ or overseas based.
- If you have a rural delivery address, please allow an extra 1-2 days as delivery targets are at the discretion of your rural delivery service.
- International orders are despatched by International Air, unless you prefer to pay additional charges for tracked courier delivery. We will quote you for all options and provide delivery targets at the time of order.
FREE DELIVERY ON NZ ORDERS OVER $65+. Excludes trade or overseas orders.
- New Zealand delivery charges fall into four broad categories;
- NZ Courier 1-3 days up to 5 kg (All areas between Auckland and Wellington) - $6.00
- NZ Courier 1-3 days up to 5 kg (All other areas) and includes Rural Delivery - $8.80
- NZ Post up to 10 days - $6.00
- NZ Rural Post 3-5 days - $8.80
- Large or very heavy orders may incur additional costs - we will advise you at the time of order.
- Overseas charges are based on weight and type of service required - please select "quote" at the checkout.
- If part of your order is unavailable and sent separately, you will only be charged for freight once (NZ orders only - overseas orders will only be sent once all titles are received).
- Overseas customers are considered the importer of record and will be responsible for any import charges, taxes or levies imposed by their local customs office, as these charges are beyond Touchwood's control.
Prices & Invoicing
- Prices on our website are stated in New Zealand dollars and include Goods & Services Tax.
- Overseas purchases are exempt of GST.
- Tax invoices and receipts are supplied with all orders.
- While prices shown on our website are current at the time of loading, if orders are not in stock and must be ordered in, pricing may change if the supplier has,
- Increased their price without advising us
- Exchange rates have changed
- International freight charges have increased
- We will advise you of any increases before confirming an order and you can either accept or decline the increase. If you decline, the order will be cancelled.
- Special offers - We do not accept responsibility for prices obtained from cached files.
Returns & Refunds
- You may return an order for a refund or replacement within 7 days if you are unhappy with it, however you must notify us of this immediately upon receipt (excludes overseas orders which are not returnable).
- Books that have been specially ordered in are not refundable.
- Orders cancelled after despatch must be returned within 7 days, in resaleable condition at the customer's expense. Only the purchase price, less postage and packing, will be refunded.
- In the event of us not being able to supply you and providing a refund, please allow 3-5 working days for the credit to appear on your credit card statement.
- We accept payment for orders by;
- Internet banking or direct deposit to ANZ Bank 06 0669 0220750 01 - please quote your invoice number or surname as reference.
- Cheque - banked upon receipt - order is sent when funds clear.
- Visa, Mastercard or Bankcard - either via our on-line shopping cart or you can provide us with details for manual transactions. Sorry we do not have facilities for Amex.
- We sell and redeem Touchwood Books book vouchers. Please post the voucher with your order or phone us and quote the voucher number to be used against your order.
- While the majority of titles listed on our site are in stock at any time, in order to give you an extensive choice within our niche subject categories, we may advertise titles that we do not currently have in stock. We will usually advise time frames for titles we have to order in.
Book descriptions are mainly supplied by publishers or from third party sites that provide book data to booksellers. The views, reviews or opinions on book content or subject matter is not necessarily that of the owners or staff of Touchwood Books and should not be taken as such. Book cover images are as accurate as we are able to provide, however some books may differ slightly in condition from the image provided and this will usually be noted in the description.
- By creating an account with Touchwood Books, you give us consent to contact you with messages about confirmations, updates and marketing information. You can unsubscribe from marketing contact at any time.
By using our website, you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions. We make every effort, in good faith to provide you with up-to-date information and pricing, however we acknowledge that errors may be contained on our site at times. You are welcome to bring any errors to our attention and if you do not understand any of our terms and conditions, please contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
Touchwood Books is the trading name of Touchwood Books (2015) Ltd.