Author(s): Caroline Boisset
A magnificent idea and a truly useful guide--500 popular and reliable flowers, shrubs, and trees shown at one, three, six, and twelve years and during each season of the year. In 200 color charts, gardeners will see just what the plants look like at various stages. A must for every garden.
Two Hundred Illustrated Charts of Shrubs, Trees, Climbers and Perennials, with Approximately 500 Recommended Plant Listings
A unique and thoroughly practical reference handbook for the gardener, providing vital information for planning the growth of a garden from youth to maturity.
The growth charts show not only how big each plant will grow within a realistic period of time but also what the plant will look like at every season - its foliage, flowering or berrying characteristics and its distinctive habit. The Plant Growth Planner includes:
* The factors that influence growth, and how to use and control them
* Guidelines on pruning and care
* Varieties suited to different, specific conditions
* A range of growth rates within plant groups
* Useful information on bulbs, annuals and biennials
Trees * Shrubs * Climbers * Groundcovers * Herbaceous perennials * Hedges
Very good HB with dj.